Trust once broken is broken. Once someone breaks your trust whatever they do seems to be a lie. You doubt each thing they do. Even when they talk to you, your mind questions you.
No matter how much they try to prove or change, you can never go back to how it was. You don’t want to get hurt again. Its not that you don’t want to give a second chance. You chose not to trust again for yourself. You have learned that how much ever important that person is, you are more important and you never want to go through that bad phase again.
Those who did not support you when you needed them the most, if you give them another chance will they stand by you? Will they fulfill the promises they made to you? Will they stop lying? Will they stop hiding and tell you anything that happens? Will they now think twice before making any decisions that might hurt you? Are you important to them? Do they understand how you feel? These never ending questions make you lose your self value and respect. You feel powerless and you waste your time on asking why.
In life people will hurt you , people who matter the most to you can hurt you, it can be both intentional or not. But the fact they hurt you and broke your trust remains.
There are some things you can do to not lose yourself:
1. Make your own decisions: Have your own opinions and if you don’t like anything just say it. Choose what works for you.
2. Self value : Take time to appreciate yourself. Never allow anyone to treat you less.
3. Stop questioning: It’s very difficult to be without finding answers for why it happened but you will need to somehow stop the why’s for your own well being.
4. Keep a diary: Write down your thoughts, the lessons learned and what you should avoid thinking.
5. Excercise : Keeps your body and mind healthy and calm.
6. Routine: Maintain a daily schedule to keep yourself busy but don’t forget about including self care.
7. Think positive: Be happy that atleast now you know that those people are not good for you. You can now keep some distance from them.
8. Love yourself: Do something you love. If you don’t like something about you then try to improve on it.
9. Talk to others: When someone breaks trust, most people tend to stay away from others. Instead of that talk to someone who can understand you.