Trust once broken is broken. Once someone breaks your trust whatever they do seems to be a lie. You doubt each thing they do. Even when they talk to you, your mind questions you.
No matter how much they try to prove or change, you can never go back to how it was. You don’t want to get hurt again. Its not that you don’t want to give a second chance. You chose not to trust again for yourself. You have learned that how much ever important that person is, you are more important and you never want to go through that bad phase again.
Those who did not support you when you needed them the most, if you give them another chance will they stand by you? Will they fulfill the promises they made to you? Will they stop lying? Will they stop hiding and tell you anything that happens? Will they now think twice before making any decisions that might hurt you? Are you important to them? Do they understand how you feel?
These never ending questions make you lose your self value and respect. You feel powerless and you waste your time on asking why.
In life people will hurt you , people who matter the most to you can hurt you, it can be both intentional or not. But the fact they hurt you and broke your trust remains.
There are some things you can do to not lose yourself:
1. Make your own decisions: Have your own opinions and if you don’t like anything just say it. Choose what works for you.
2. Self value : Take time to appreciate yourself. Never allow anyone to treat you less.
3. Stop questioning: It’s very difficult to be without finding answers for why it happened but you will need to somehow stop the why’s for your own well being.
4. Keep a diary: Write down your thoughts, the lessons learned and what you should avoid thinking.
5. Excercise : Keeps your body and mind healthy and calm.
6. Routine: Maintain a daily schedule to keep yourself busy but don’t forget about including self care.
7. Think positive: Be happy that atleast now you know that those people are not good for you. You can now keep some distance from them.
8. Love yourself: Do something you love. If you don’t like something about you then try to improve on it.
9. Talk to others: When someone breaks trust, most people tend to stay away from others. Instead of that talk to someone who can understand you.
Till 6 months babies are given breastmilk and not offered any water / food hence it becomes difficult for you to find any natural remedies especially for first time Moms. Most of the common cold lasts for about a week or two and can be followed by cough. We get so worried when baby coughs as it tends to make them vomit. But it seems vomiting is fine as that’s the only way babies can take out the mucus and also through their poop. In case of extreme vomiting / if baby is unable to feed / have fever/ unable to breathe/ crying a lot please check with pediatrician.
Here are some remedies that you can do to help your baby when they have cold and cough:
- Breastmilk: Feed baby breastmilk frequently to keep them hydrated which will help to reduce the discomfort and congestion for baby.
- Nasal spray: If baby’s nose is stuffy then you can use nasal spray. It will be a challenging task to put nasal spray or drops on baby’s nose but it helps to clear the congestion quickly. You can buy nasal spray from medical store or it can be made at home. It’s basically saline water and does not cause any harm.
How to use Saline drops / Spray:
- Hold the baby in your lap in upright or slightly reclined position with baby head resting on your arm.
- Put 2-3 drops in one nostril and wait for few seconds. Repeat the same in the other nostril. Tilt the baby head little backwards just to allow the drops to go inside the nose and hold it back straight.
- Keep a cloth in hand to wipe the excess saline and the mucus.
- If the nose is still congested use a suction bulb to clear baby’s nose.
3. Suction bulb: Helps to clear babies’ nose when its congested. After using Saline drops you can use the suction bulb to squeeze out the mucus.
How to use Suction bulb:
- Keep the Suction bulb away from the baby and squeeze it to take the air out.
- Place the tip of the bulb as per the mark or the instruction provided with the suction bulb on the baby nostril.
- Slowly release the bulb and it will release the extra saline and mucus.
- Repeat the same in another nostril
- Do not use suction bulb too many times a day as it might irritate babies. I prefer not to use saline drops more than 3 times a day as sometimes it can dry baby’s nose. Use only when its required.
- Clean the suction bulb immediately after use.
4. Steam: It helps in loosen up the mucus but for babies it has to be done with care.
How to use Steam for babies:
- Keep the Steam Vapouriser away from the baby.
- You can hold the baby facing away from the steamer and to be careful just ask another person to hold a cloth or towel near to the steamer so that direct steam does not go to the baby. Sit in the closed room for 15-20 minutes and it will help to reduce cold and provide relief.
- You can also steam the bathroom by filling a bucket with hot water and hold the baby and sit away from the bucket.
5. Mustard oil: Massaging baby with mustard oil is a traditional method and has many benefits.
- Boil mustard oil with one or two garlic in low heat.
- Once the oil is warm, massage the oil on baby’s chest and the foot. Helps to keep the baby warm and fight cold and cough.
6. Keep a towel rolled up under the mattress to keep the baby head little raised while sleeping, this helps them to breathe.
7. Humidifier: Placing a humidifier in room will moisten the air and reduce the cough. Replace the water daily to prevent any bacteria.
8. Keep the house clean to make sure no dust is irritating the baby.
9. Wipe the baby’s nose with a warm cloth and you can also place a warm cloth on the baby’s nose for few seconds to loosen up the mucus and also to clean the surrounding of nose.
10. Encourage baby to take rest.
These are the remedies that I came across when my baby caught cold. If you know any other remedies please share in the comment section. It will be very helpful for all the New Parents😊
Everything that happens in life has a reason.
A reason to be happy
Reason to be angry
Reason to hold on to someone
Reason to let go
Reason to be thankful
Reason to be kind
Reason to hate
Reason to lose
Reason to success
Reason to walk away
Reason to stay strong
Reason to give up
Reason to trust
Reason to doubt
What is that Reason? What is the reason behind your happiness and those positive things that comes in your life? What could be the reason for the things that hurt you?
Sometimes you need to think to get those reasons and make some changes in your life. Take out those negatives and allow space for good things to come to your life.
My baby girl turned 6 months old on Oct 29th. I couldn’t post on the exact date but here I am baby girl. I really wanted to write my feelings for you even though I am a bit late. 💝
You are already 6 months old.
I thank God as I hold you in my arms.
I have fallen in love with your laugh and smile.
As I hug you, I feel as if you are the one who’s comforting me.
You jump with joy , play and clap your hands.
Your big eyes that just brighten up.
My worries just flies away as I see you.
You always put a smile on me.
You are the reason that keeps me motivated.
You make me want to be a strong person.
Your innocent smile, laugh and love makes me want to be a better person.
You are my angel. Love you lots my Angela sweetu.
Life will be always complicated.
You will have ups and downs.
Somedays you will be dancing in joy.
Somedays you will cry.
There are happy moments that makes you smile and laugh.
Sometimes you will be in good health and sometimes you go through sickness.
There are failures.
There are success.
You meet good people.
You learn lessons from wrong people. This uncertainty makes you stressful. But keep faith and keep going. Life isn’t always going to be perfect but you will get what you wanted one day. Amazing things will happen in your life as you move forward. You will get stronger and you will learn to overcome the struggles. You will come to know you have more potential and you are way more capable.
In life there is no right time or a wrong time for doing things.
Be happy now.
The choice is with you to make your present better. Do more of what makes you happy.
It’s okay to pause for a while..
Save your efforts for doing something good for yourself.
Make a to-do list
Eat healthy and eat what you like
Go for a walk
Listen to your favorite music
Avoid negative people
Express your feelings
Don’t focus on what others think about you
Say no to what you don’t like
Write a diary
Do what you enjoy
When you stop, you get to know more things about yourself and your life.
You get answers.
You remind yourself about your goal.
You organize your thoughts.
You learn to appreciate what you have.
You replace bad with good.
You come out more focused on what matters.