Constipation in babies is a cause of concern for a parent. Past few days my baby had to go through the same. She did not show any signs of irritation or pain and was playing happily. It was 4 days and I was all over searching for remedies. Though the people I know told me that babies can go up to 5-10 days without a bowel movement. Initial 2-3 months babies do poop a lot and after that there will be days when they don’t do. Since she was not showing any signs of discomfort I thought of trying natural remedies and wait for a day. It actually worked.
Watch video version here: https://youtu.be/rrnh5v-jjvA
These are some of the home remedies:
- Gently move babies legs while they are lying on their back in cycling motions.
- Gently hold babies legs and push it towards the belly.
Massage: Massage the babies stomach in a circular clockwise motion.
Tummy time: Place baby on their stomach. Tummy time helps to strengthen babies muscles.
Raisin water: (for babies above 4 months)
- Wash 4-5 raisins in warm water to clean it. Keep it in a bowl.
- Boil 3 spoons of water and soak the cleaned raisin in the boiled water and leave it overnight.
- At morning, Squeeze the soaked raisins and filter it. You will get the raisin water. If its cold then keep the bowl with raisin water on warm water. Feed the raisin water to baby once a day in empty stomach.
Black raisins are more effective. Raisin water worked for my baby within 1 hour.
If these remedies did not work and also baby is showing signs of discomfort then consult Pediatrician.