Pregnancy is a beautiful part of life. Along with it comes the changes in body, emotions and its symptoms.
Here are some of the symptoms that will help you to find out if you are possibly pregnant:
- Missed period: Pregnancy is not always the reason for missed period. Normal menstrual cycle for most women is 28 days but can differ. Keep a track of your period using a period tracker app. If you have missed a period at least 30 days late then you can use a pregnancy test kit. Sometimes its too early and it will show negative result. You can repeat the test again after a week. If you still did not find positive result along with a missed period then its best to consult a doctor.
- Morning Sickness: Morning sickness, vomiting or nausea is present in most of the women whereas some may not have it. It can happen anytime of day or night and the severity may vary. This symptom can start as early as 3-4 weeks and will settle later.
- Changes in Breast: You may find your breast fuller and tender, it is similar to what you get around your period date.
- Frequent Urination: If you are visiting your bathroom frequently then it is a sign of pregnancy. You will still need to drink at least 2-3 L of water to stay hydrated.
- Dizziness: You will feel like taking nap frequently and feel tired, as the body undergoes changes to carry a baby. Make sure to get enough rest.
- Cramping: This symptom also occurs before or during period. Some will feel cramping as the uterus stretches.
- Mood Swings: You can suddenly cry for no reason or get angry. Anyways you cant do much about it. You blame the hormones for this.
- Cravings: You will feel the craving to certain types of food. It can also be a food which you did not like before or you may start a distaste towards the food you used to like.
- Bloating: You may feel bloating and constipated due to the hormonal changes. You may not see a weight gain at early stage but still can see a big belly! Drink lot of water.
Other symptoms can include:
- Leg cramps
- Vaginal discharge
If you are worried then take a pregnancy test at home. Some of the pregnancy kits can detect early, based on the hCG level. Levels of hCG doubles every 2 or 3 days. Visit a doctor, who will determine if you are pregnant or not based on a blood test or urine test.